Aquatics
Today in Aquatics we worked on snorkeling and diving. We learned how to get water out of our masks during snorkeling. We practiced the front dive, the back dive, and our hurdle for diving. I enjoyed diving, but it was difficult. I back smacked a few times, but with Mr. O's advice I was able to fix my mistakes!
I remember practicing these skills in aquatics. I found the clearing the mask skill to be tricky, until I learned that it was easier to practice the skill in the deep end. I was not a fan of the diving, especially the back dive. I too belly flopped in the water a few times. My favorite part of that class was the starts off the back; especially the back start.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about this. I remember doing the same thing in aquatics. I liked the diving portion and the snorkel was fun too. It took a couple tries for the mask clearing for me to get it but eventually I got there. There were a lot of people that were not very comfortable with the diving portion. Some didn't even complete the task for testing so well done on working on it despite falling.
ReplyDeleteInteresting, I envy people who are good at swimming and diving and individuals who enjoy the sport. I had to take swimming freshman year and I struggled hard, so props to you for staying in the class and making the best of it, unlike me.
ReplyDelete